Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome to the Team!


Here they are: my four new stemless wine glasses from Crate & Barrel. I’m so excited. It’s been six months since three-fourths of my other stemless wine glasses broke, so it’s about time I got some new ones. I’ve been imbibing from old Bonne Maman jam jars, and while that’s charming, I have to consider my sex appeal.

Since wine and such is so expensive, I’m going to inaugurate these glasses with a goddamn delicious non-alcoholic beverage. It’s fizzy, it’s light, it’s refreshing, and it’s a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Fizzies (makes one)

Ingredients:

6 ounces seltzer water

6 ounces fruit juice (my favorites are pomegranate and lemonade)

3 ice cubes

3 mint leaves

(For an added treat, chill glasses in the fucking freezer for an hour beforehand!)

Note: If you for some weird reason have fucking raspberry juice, try using thyme instead of mint. It’s a truly awesome combination.

Place ice cubes in glasses. Pour juice over ice, and add the mint leaves. Muddle the shit out of it. Top it off with the seltzer. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. I took the liberty of producing a version of this post suitable for, you know, decent God-fearing folks:

    Since wine and such is so expensive, I’m going to inaugurate these glasses with a consarned delicious non-alcoholic beverage. It’s fizzy, it’s light, it’s refreshing, and it’s a lot better than nothing, darn tootin'.

    Fizzies (makes one)

    Ingredients:

    6 ounces seltzer water

    6 ounces fruit juice (my favorites are pomegranate and lemonade)

    3 ice cubes

    3 mint leaves

    (For an added treat, chill glasses in the freezer for an hour beforehand! Fiddle-dee-dee!)

    Note: If you for some weird reason have raspberry juice, oh my stars and garters, try using thyme instead of mint. It’s a truly wholesome combination.

    Place ice cubes in glasses. Pour juice over ice, and add the mint leaves. Muddle the poop out of it. Top it off with the seltzer. Serve.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete